Sunday, March 13, 2011

Barbacoa - knock off

A HIT at the Colby house (4 kids at 3 different schools)

My best pal, wise friend, and lip gloss lover shared this recipe with me after all 4 of her kids agreed this recipe was worth eating.

Chipotle's Barbacoa

1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
3 tablespoons lime juice
3 chipotle peppers, canned (I used about 4 chipotle peppers in adobe sauce)
4 garlic cloves, minced
4 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon cloves
4 lbs chuck roast
3/4 cup chicken broth
3 bay leaves

Put all ingredients in a crockpot and cook for 8-10 hours on low. Shred and put on tortillas!


  • I used a rump roast and 4 chipotle peppers. It was a bit spicy, so adjust those to your liking. This makes a LOT so it would be good football party fare.


  • When I make it I leave out the cloves. I think cloves are better suited for the Easter ham, not faux Chipotle Burrito's!


Kelley is also always armed with lip-gloss, bar-bell and yoga mat. She is my Tough Mudder teammate. She inspires me to age strong and gracefully.

2 comments:

  1. Ever since you shared this with me I almost always have it in the frig for leftovers. I have made it at least a dozen times and still love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lipgloss logic lady,

    I love your lips and your logic

    A lot

    Love ,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete