Monday, April 4, 2011

Mike Tyson or Michelangelo


POSITIVE (not sucky) INTENTIONS

Did you know there is actually a book titled Bad Intentions; The Mike Tyson Story, by Peter Heller.

vs. 

"In every block of marble I see a statue as plain as though it stood before me, shaped and perfect in attitude and action. I have only to hew away the rough walls that imprison the lovely apparition to reveal it to the other eyes as mine see it."—Michelangelo

People set intentions on all kinds of dreams; to be kind , make a career change, to write a book, lose weight or lose their mom jeans. Sometimes unknowingly we sent an intention on the pathway straight to SUCKY!  I am so stressed, I look like I'm getting fatter, I have no patience with any human or animal, my week is starting out HORRIBLE! When we set a positive intention  and then act on it to demonstrate our commitment, amazing things occur. Intention can also give us fortitude for dealing with tough times. My father recently passed away. My intention is to live through this process with strength and grace. I am tested daily. It’s often not easy, but this intention has helped me maintain composure, peace, and on a good day, a sense of humor. Intention can be used for community or personal issues, global events or daily tasks,  putting down the cupcake or drinking more water.

BREAK IT DOWN, like TONE LOC

First Steps:

1. Get clear about something you want and write it down.

2. Share your intention with someone in a way that will supportively hold you accountable to taking action.

3. Do something today to demonstrate your commitment to your intention.

4. Acknowledge that you did what you said you would and then, take the next step.

By setting an intention, you make it clear to yourself and others, just what you plan to do. Set an intention to redefine what it means to be serious about your dreams and fully embracing all God INTENDED for  you!

No comments:

Post a Comment